With the New Year comes new commitments and organizations looking for help. Part of the reason I started this blog was to encourage military spouses and empower our soldiers. Jo My Gosh, one of my favorite inspiring military bloggers, is working on a project, called Project Paper Hearts to make Valentine’s for children at St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital. I immediately wanted to take part and serve by sending care packages to these children. But we can’t do it alone! They are in need of 200 Valentines. View some pictures of the cute Valentine’s created so far!
Here are some things to remember:
1. When making your Valentine’s, be creative, think outside the box. Take pictures and share them on social media!
2. Involve your kids! What a great hands on project and teaching kids to give back.
3. Show them off! Tweet your photographs #projectpaperheartsJMG
4. Are you single this Valentine’s day? What a great way to spend it.
5. Mail them by Feb 6, to:
Project Paper Hearts
PO Box 331
Annville PA 17003
The only guidelines we ask you to follow are:
- Avoid using phrases like “Get Well Soon” or anything relating to the child’s illness
- Avoid religious references, since St. Jude treats children of varying backgrounds
- You may sign your valentine, but use only your first name and do not add any contact information
Visit the website for more details. Goal is 200 Valentines!
If you are interested in having a Valentine making party, send me a message! This is going to be a lot of fun!
Maybe you can help me send some care packages to our soldiers next! Stay tuned for some creative ideas on making care packages.